Software developer for our Runtime Services Team with focus on Safety (m/w/d)
- Kempten, CODESYS Group
- Full/part time
Since 1994, the CODESYS Group has been serving automation equipment manufacturers with a comprehensive software development environment in accordance with the international IEC 61131-3 standard. An Industry 4.0 platform in a public cloud has complemented this system since 2019. Our customers include well-known companies such as ABB, Schneider Electric, Hitachi, Beckhoff, Festo, and WAGO. Tens of thousands of users worldwide use CODESYS, including companies like Robert Bosch, Liebherr, HOMAG , and Goldhofer. Every year, more than 1 million machines, systems, and installations are automated with CODESYS. More than 180 employees work on the development and marketing of CODESYS at our locations in Kempten, Boston, Beijing and Milan. CODESYS is the undisputed market leader for hardware-independent control software in the field of industrial automation. This was confirmed by an international market study conducted in 2020. Our employees are proud of this, and rightly so. We all work with heart and soul to keep it that way.
- Technical care of our device manufacturer customers on a worldwide basis, via support ticket system, e-mail, telephone, or web meeting
- Carrying out workshops
- Performing service projects
In order to enable our customers to implement the desired features on their devices, we conduct workshops. For example, this involves integrating local IO systems, storing remanent data, and starting tasks in response to a special event. Many of these devices are based on Linux or other operating systems, but there are also some without an operating system, which we call "embedded".
After the workshops, we continue to support our customers until their controller is released for sale, and even after that if necessary. For managing the requests, we use a helpdesk ticket system.
Apart from this, we also provide services to our customers on demand. Such projects include for example the adaptation of the runtime system to special C compilers and hardware, or investigations and optimization of the real-time behavior under Linux.
There is a variant of the CODESYS runtime system designed for standard controllers, as well as one for safety controllers according to SIL3.
Demanding tasks lie ahead of us, for which we need reinforcement. If you can program and enjoy developing optimal solutions in close contact with our customers around the world, then you are the right person for us.
- Degree in computer science or a comparable technical background
- Knowledge in the development of safety-related software
- Knowledge in programming system-related software
- Good programming skills in C
- Good written and spoken English
- Challenging tasks: Help develop the most successful hardware-independent automation software on the market.
- A trendsetting technology: CODESYS sets standards in the fields of Industry 4.0 and IIoT.
- Agile development processes: Actively shape CODESYS as a member of a Scrum team.
- International environment: CODESYS is used worldwide.
- Modern organizational structures when it comes to release management and continuous integration
- Secure employment
Find out more about how it feels to be member of the CODESYS team:
We look forward to your application!